Today was really dreadful and the really worrying thing is that I don’t think there is a an easy fix. These are just a few things I noticed.
1. We had five in midfield but Everton players still had plenty of space.
2. At times Jerome was thirty yards away from the nearest Blue shirt and marked by two big defenders.
3. Foster kicks the ball too far.
4. We only looked like scoring from an Everton mistake or a set piece.
5. Roger Johnson was given a difficult time by Yakubu…who’s rubbish.
6. Keith Fahey offers nothing to the team offensively. He is there purely to protect Ridgewell. On the few occasions we broke he didn’t even try to join.
7. Larsson sits too deep so is unable to get into any good crossing positions.
8. Lee Bowyer needs to be dropped.
9. Zigic clearly struggles with the physical side of the British game and it will take him a long time to settle.
10. Phil Dowd is too fat to referee.
11. McLeish clearly sees the game differently to nearly everybody else in the world.
12. Everton’s away kit is hideous.
13. We really miss James McFadden.
Oh and in our poll 60% of you wanted Jean Beausejour but he was injured so the four of you who voted for Keith Fahey got to happy instead.