It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: New season new hope new disappointments
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 pm 
Chairman

The close season began with the massive shocks of losing Monk, Morrison, Jota and (less surprisingly) Adams. Losing the manager, the captain, the top goalscorer and your biggest ever signing seems a huge loss.
Then we had some interesting statements of intent. We bought Sunjic and Crowley, which I must say seem wonderful signings. they are young, skillful and by all accounts hard-working. Their stock should rise in the next few seasons and so are also good investments.
Change of style too, apparently, is on the horizon. More passing, unlike our successful formula under both Rowett and Monk of having around 40% possession and winning by being ultra-organised if not exactly exciting. (Although I did not mind Monk's style as the counter attack, though long ball, was fast and skillful in itself.)
So, a new season with a new long term caretaker manager (don't get that) and a new style with the notorious three at the back.
I don't think formation matters - it is playing it well that matters. More exciting and skillful football intrigues me. I am not unhappy at the moment, but am tentative. We need to buy (or loan) a striker as we need to replace Adams. We still have time. We are not promotion candidates, but I don't think we are relegation candidates either. I predict a slow start, a stronger middle season, probably a new manager (why not!) and a couple of huge wins and huge defeats along the way to finishing 14th.
Thoughts anyone?

Post subject: Re: New season new hope new disappointments
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 am 
Chairman

I’m not quite over the Monk thing (still inexplicable to me) but we have to move on and I agree the new signings are promising. We do need a new forward though and I’d love to have a striker called Puscas at Blues! No-one can really object to a more possession based passing style - if we have the right players - but I’m baffled by the fixation with three at the back. It makes huge demands on the wing backs and most top teams now use a back four.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. KRO :blues

"The Boys Of Summer" - Roger Kahn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:32 am 
Chairman

Not quite Dongball was it? More the old Monkball. Still, a great win, and Sunjic to come.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:00 pm 
Eternal Optimist

I'm impressed so far. Some great talent in the team. Unlucky not to be in with six points. :blues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 am 
Chairman

Yet to see the new Blues. Tuesday a possibility but I’ve done enough driving for a while. Swansea on the telly, I suppose. Need to score goals but could win 1-0 today. How come we’re playing a back four now, having spent all pre season using a back three? Not that I’m complaining as all the top teams now play a back four.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:14 pm 
Eternal Optimist

merseypete wrote:
Yet to see the new Blues. Tuesday a possibility but I’ve done enough driving for a while. Swansea on the telly, I suppose. Need to score goals but could win 1-0 today. How come we’re playing a back four now, having spent all pre season using a back three? Not that I’m complaining as all the top teams now play a back four.

We needed a back six :lol

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]