It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hammering the Vile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:07 am 
Eternal Optimist

3-1 I reckon. Not quite a hammering but I'm feeling confident. Derby were out of sorts and away. We won't be. :up :blues

Post subject: Re: Hammering the Vile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 am 
Chairman

Yeah.Gotta win this.Early start for me.If I got the train I’d have to start now. Can’t wait.

"The Boys Of Summer" - Roger Kahn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:00 pm 
Eternal Optimist

May well still have lost but that was a clear penalty we were denied. Fizzing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:23 pm 
Chairman

I wonder if the idiot who hit Greasy cost us a bit of momentum. Media in full cry demanding we’re relegated immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:47 am 
Chairman

Rather than talk about the tw@t who attacked grealish let's focus on the game itself.

The ref was awful. Again. Juke Was battered from pilar to post yet picked up a booking for going in perfectly fair for a 50/50 with the keeper.

Adams was a clear penalty. And there bloke who chopped him down when going clean through was last man and should have been shown a red card.

Then again when Grealish is allowed to practically ref the game himself what do we expect.

Oh, and Craig Gardner can feck off. That first miss was shocking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 pm 
Chairman

Leaving the ground I felt totally depressed (may recover by next week) but I know that if we’d won, or even equalised, I would have been ecstatic, despite knowing a complete s***storm was heading our way. But the hypocrisy and humbug today is off the scale. No defending the moron who attacked Grealish of course - it was despicable on every level and I’m glad he’s been banged up - but I suspect we’ve only been saved from being disbanded by the same thing happening at Arsenal, and nobody’s calling for them to lose points. I’ve lost all respect for Shearer. Pep Guardiola on the other hand is my new hero - what a guy!

As for the game, I agree about the treatment of Juke and the penalty. I feel sorry for Craig G though.It was a bad miss of course but I’m sure he would have given anything to have scored.Just not quite up to it now, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm 
Chairman

The man is banned for life which means nothing. Someone else will buy a ticket and give it to him, he will scan it at the turnstile and walk in. How could anyone stop that.

Unless someone tells me that the problems at west Ham were caused by season ticket holders as they were the only ones who were allowed to buy tickets (only silver members and above, I believe) yet those that had tickets in their hands and caused aggro got them from somewhere.

There seems to be a lot of tickets changing hands all the time - music concerts, sports events etc.

As a season ticket holder would know, getting a good ticket history is important, so buying tickets for matches you can't go to still ups your chances and so it is best to buy one and then sell it to someone else. Simples.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:27 pm 
Eternal Optimist

Yet this bloke was a season ticket holder of long standing. Allegedly. He'll never have that benefit again. Nor have the benefit of the doubt if accused of any minor indiscretion if caught at a match with a ticket. Anyone who sells him/gives him a ticket endangers their own future work the club too. Shearer calling on us to have the book thrown at us was ridiculous. Would he say the same of it happened at the Toon? :roll

I'd say as long as staffing ratios were sound the law has done its job. Disgraceful behaviour by a mindless yob. Why should 20000+ innocent fans pay the price for his idiocy? :red

What did Pep say?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 am 
Chairman

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... s-15955781

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am 
Chairman

Yes always loved pep :lol

A few others have said similar too.

Yet no one mentions arsenal :shrug

Incidentally anyone think the steward being investigated is being hard done by?

Looks like he was just trying to get Grealish out of the crowd to me :shrug (where he shouldn't have been anyway....)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm 
Eternal Optimist

Witnesses I've heard said he did nothing other than readdress his own balance. Surely CCTV will prove truth either way.

Still think media calls for points deduction are disgusting. Mass pitch invasion is totally different to this. Justice has already been served.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]